Host A Class
ENGLISH @ WORK has conducted classes at 30 businesses in Austin and Central Texas. If you are interested in hosting a class at your business or would like to know more about our classes, please contact us.
Become a Host Business
What can ENGLISH @ WORK do for my business?
- Improve customer service
- Improve safety awareness
- Improve employee retention
- Decrease tension among employees
How does it work?
- First, ENGLISH @ WORK staff work with you to customize the curriculum to your business needs.
- Next, you identify interested employees and set the class schedule.
- For the next 6 months, ENGLISH @ WORK sends a paid, highly qualified instructor to your business to deliver customized lessons twice a week.
Why ENGLISH @ WORK?
- ENGLISH @ WORK’s student retention rate is 75 percent compared to that of 57 percent from traditional language providers, and E@W participants make greater proficiency gains in less time.
- 100 percent of partner businesses reported a positive return on investment associated with hosting the program.
Host businesses commit to:
1) Providing a Physical Space
- A comfortable, quiet area with little traffic and enough chairs for the instructor and students.
2) Providing a Supportive Environment
- Not interrupting students while they are in class,
- Being patient while students practice English,
- Treating the instructor and other E@W staff with respect,
- Providing E@W with materials that can be used in class.
3) Attending end-of-course party on site!
- Learning another language is not easy and we like to celebrate the end of our course sequences by recognizing the students for all their hard work.
“It was an innovative idea to try to teach the languages on site at the businesses. This makes it easier for the staff to attend the classes and keeps the focus on practical usage, which is so important for a business environment.” –Dottye, local hotel owner